Friday, October 2, 2009

The resounding importance of Account Security

For those of you who haven't read his post yet, Kevmar (someone many consider to be a prominent contributor to the JMTC Community) was hacked last night. Though I'm unsure who or what caused his account to be compromised - a question keeps popping up in the back of my mind. Was this a targeted event? Or was Kevmar simply a victim of a random hacking incident? Either way, his immense loss of materials and gold ought to act as a warning to the community of just how important it is to have protection in place. I bought one for both my partner and I prior to the release of Ulduar - and boy am I glad I did!


Pleasant surprise

I was tickled this morning when I logged in to find myself being undercut by new bank alts / new players - with ASCII text names! Either the competition has stumbled across my blog, or simply mimicked what I have done on my new bank alt. Either way, I was happy to see that I am shaping the market I play in - and not just reacting to it.


Expanding my market interests

For nearly 3 weeks now I have been enjoying the Glyph market. I had no idea that the Inscription profession would be as valuable as it was - and was luckily tipped off by a friend on how I might capitalize on it. Now that I have more than doubled my initial-investment income, I believe it is time for me to expand. Sadly, MMO-Champion threw the enchanting market down the tubes - as that is what I was planning on investing in next. At the moment, my thinking is that I should enter into a market that spans class, level, and gear - like the Glyph market does. We'll see how this turns out.


1800 and Inefficient

After reading another post from Kevmar, I realized just how bad my AH camping was for my profit margins, and have since stopped doing so. Unfortunately, as I just hit 1800 last night on my Arena team, I'm stuck with farming honor for my weapons for Tuesday (which won't net any liquid profit). But, this also means that I'll be able to expand out of the mediocrity in Arena's which is exciting!


Next time on Green Guts...

Check back to see what market I expand into next, and *hopefully* how profitable it has been for me!

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't think I was targeted. All my professions were left on my characters and 2 characters that only had glyphs were left with bags full of them. Looking back, I would be much better at cleaning out my characters than who ever did it :)

    ReplyDelete