Monday, October 19, 2009

Naga stole my (gaming) Heart

If you're a gamer with some extra cash on hand, and a desire to get a little bit more out of your game, I have two words for you get imba.

I received my Naga in the mail on Thursday evening, and now that I've had a weekend to re-tool my macros and key bindings (as well as practice a bit) I can safely say: The Razer Naga is BY FAR the best mouse I have ever owned. To give you a feel for the size, I've gone about converting the "Approximate size" listed on the box into inches for you all that own a ruler, here goes:

Length: 4.57 inches
Width : 2.71 inches
Height (at its highest point in your palm): 1.64 inches

Now if you go and measure your mouse, you'll find that is somewhat smaller than the G9 Gaming Mouse, but ironically fits much better to the hand due to its ergonomic design. After 2.5 solid days of gaming, I have yet to have any of the usual cramping issues associated with extended use.

As for the time it has taken me to adapt my play style, it was surprisingly short. I'm a fairly hardcore arena player - and so I do not necessarily have "off days". As a result, I played pretty extensively this weekend in both battlegrounds and arenas with my new 3s team. On my first full night of use (Friday) and first full day, I did have the occasional moment of panic when I was thinking that I had to use this-heal and would accidentally push the wrong button. There's no better way to learn than a bit of pressure! It was on Sunday morning that I finally saw the turn around, and in a bit of late night gaming with my team, pulled off a 5-0 win streak. For most of the games we had played Saturday, we would do a lot of back-and-forth winning and losing to a 20-20 ratio. To go 5 and 0 the very next day told me a great deal of improvement had occurred on my end (as I admittedly was the anchor of the team early on).

So, for all of you gamers out there using an exaggerated amount of keys (I play a Priest, so I had both offensive & healing spells to bind) - GET THIS MOUSE! You won't regret it.

Check back Wednesday for more posts about my recent Auction House adventures and discoveries!

~ GG

No comments:

Post a Comment