Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's the perfect time to make a new bank alt!

Diamonds in the Rough

As you may have read my post on the JMTC forums, I believe it is the perfect time to make a new bank alt. What I did not include in this post is how you might "stealth" your new bank alt (at least temporarily).

If you're like me, you thoroughly hate players with names that include ASCII letters (ex. ä ë ï ö ü and sometimes ÿ). They're hard to spot, annoying to find on the character map, and are often incorrect when you think you've found the "right one". But it gets worse - try reading them in the auctioneer window! Talk about tiny...

Anyway, for those people seriously considering making a new bank alt to "fake out" competitors (my competition just bought all of my glyphs off the AH - at well above cost!) I suggest using ASCII letters in your name. If you wanted to get REALLY annoying, you might even try a bar-code style name (ex. liiïlilïllïïiïll). Should you decide to go forward with your new ASCII'd bank-alt, be sure to copy/paste the name you use into a text file somewhere. It makes it much easier to copy it back into your friends list, QA2 etc. Lastly, I believe it is important to note that there are some name restrictions on RP type servers - where a barcode name would simply not be allowed.


MMO-More Money Pls!

Now that we all live in a post MMO-Champion world, we need to capitalize on it - if we can. The over-all reaction I seemed to gather on the JMTC forums can be summed up in two words - "bunker down". If you're like me, you bought out the cheapest herbs you could find on the AH, got your hands on as many Books of Glyph Mastery as you could, and filled your pockets with a few Packs of Endless Pockets.

Though there have been scattered reports of people striking gold with this strategy - I have to say, I haven't seen green pastures yet. I now play on a very old, VERY populated server - and it seems that the sheer mass of people trying to get through the doorway has simply corked the whole operation. I'm still playing the waiting game with my cache of herbs and inks - so for the next week, I suppose I'll be taking the "wait and see" approach.


Next Time:

Check back next time to find out where my most recent Auction House adventures have taken me, whether this whole MMO-Champion fiasco turned out to be a false alarm, and if I've FINALLY hit 1800 rating on my Arena team.

~ GG

No comments:

Post a Comment